Oggi Barack Obama ha festeggiato i sei mesi della nuova legge sulla riforma sanitaria lanciando il sito Health Reform in Action. Include 50 storie di impiegati e persone qualsiasi e un bel resoconto di come la riforma stia cambiando il sistema dell’assistenza sanitaria in ogni stato.
La lotta di Hillary Clinton è diventata la vittoria di Obama.
Questa è la Carta dei diritti dei pazienti:
* Bans discrimination against kids with pre-existing conditions.
* Allows young adults to remain on their parents’ plan until their 26th birthday.
* Prohibits insurance companies from cutting off your coverage when you’re sick if you made a mistake on your application.
* Prohibits insurance companies from putting a lifetime limit on the amount of coverage you may receive, and restricts the use of annual limits until they are banned completely in 2014.
And if you join a new plan:
* You have the right to choose your own doctor in your insurer network.
* Your insurer is banned from charging more for emergency services obtained outside of their network.
* You will be guaranteed the right to appeal insurance company decisions to an independent third party.
* You will receive recommended preventive care with no out-of-pocket cost. Services like mammograms, colonoscopies, immunizations, pre-natal and new baby care will be covered, and insurance companies will be prohibited from charging deductibles, co-payments or co-insurance.